Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Grieving the Loss of Someone Special

We are back from our weekend get-a-way! It was SO wonderful, and I will definitely be following this blog in the days to come with pictures and more details about our trip. We had a great time.

Unfortunately, today the only news I have to share deeply saddens my heart. Yesterday (September 7th) my sister-in-law's (Susy) Dad, Luis Beltranena, passed away at the age of 60. He had battled with a rare form of blood cancer for the past 8 months or so, and yesterday he went home to be with the Lord. Praise God that he is no longer suffering and is now in a much better place than the rest of us. My heart only aches for those he left behind; some of whom include his wife, Pat, and their three daughters, Elissa (Her husband, Cristian, and their two little ones, Johann and Annika), Susy (and Graham), and Patti.

I am so thankful that Susy was able to be there with him all of last week, and that my brother flew back to Guate just in time to go be with her and the rest of the family as well.

I pray that our Heavenly Father be with them in this time of mourning and sorrow. May He be their comfort and their strength. I praise you Lord in these times because I know that when a child of yours goes home to be with you, it's not 'goodbye forever', it's merely a 'see-you-again-soon'! Thank you Jesus for salvation and the promise of eternal life that we have in You.

The funeral was this morning. Please be praying for their family.

No comments: